The Gilmore Girls Reading List

Sunday 26 January 2020

Spellbound by JoAnne Keltner

Pagan Light

Publish Date: July 28th, 2019
Format: ebook
Series: Pagan Light
Author: JoAnne Keltner
Author’s Goodreads
My Review on Goodreads

I received an advanced review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Introduction

Psychic and healer, Jackie is coming to terms with her unique abilities and is thinking of her future. She has also begun a relationship with David, the seminarian. However, before David can become a priest, he must marry or forever be without a wife. Time is ticking for David, and Jackie has to decide if she wants to be with him forever, despite not knowing him for long. When the opportunity to go with him to Russia arises, she goes to spend more time with him, plus she can learn about her great-grandmother's mysterious past as well. Unfortunately for Jackie, something wicked is afoot, and she is going to have to deal with it. 

Love

This book definitely subverted my expectations about the Jackie/David relationship, and that was well-played. It ran through my mind a lot, and I felt like Jackie's mom (OMG you're going to RUSSIA with someone you barely know?!). It all comes together in the end though, and I'm stoked to read about what happens to David in the next book. Ultimately, I really like David as a person.

I still dislike Jason, though. Yes, he came through in this book. Nope, still don't like him.   

Final Verdict

I enjoyed this book even more than the first! Going to rural Russia and interacting with the family and unearthing Babu's secrets was awesome. Once the truth comes out, it was quite the ride. It ended abruptly, but that just means that I'm going to have to read the next one when it comes out. I highly recommend this if you like YA/New YA and paranormal books. 

*~*Below is a spoiler, so don't read it if you don't want the big twist to be ruined!*~*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Side note, this is also reminiscent of the film Hot Fuzz. Here, have a gif: 

  




No comments:

Post a Comment